Exodus from South Sudan – Urgent Appeal
“Soldiers of opposition leader totally out of control, they are terrorizing the capital; killing, maiming, looting and raping randomly….
These are headlines out of South Sudan, not reported in Hong Kong news, BUT the killing, suffering, starvation are all very real to the South Sudan people.
Feed the Hungry is involved in serving hungry people in South Sudan since 2014. In August we received news that a children home requested assistance to
As we speak, 200 children and staff from New Generation Dreamland in Yie are being convoyed overland to Uganda in protective trucks. They are expected to
arrive sometimes on Wednesday (14-9), Government requested them to settle in Rhino Camp and not IGF Kitgum run by Feed the Hungry East Africa. Since mid
July the internal conflicts between two powers flared up again and it has become too dangerous to stay. We thank God two churches in Southbend had offered
to pay for the transport fee.
Our US team will arrive today in Kampala on Tuesday (13-9) together with the East African team to prepare for the arrival of the children and staff now
became refugees in a foreign land. Rhino Camp’s facilities are bare and minimal, already housing over 13,000 refugees. We need permission to help and care
for this group in the camp.
We appeal to your urgent action:
By Prayers -
1. Pray for Pastor Stanley leading the evacuation, for safe arrival to Rhino Camp.
2. Pray for the FTH US and EA team work together fast to prepare a “welcome” and able to purchase all the needed essentials to kick start “a new safe
living” for the new refugees.
3. Pray for Pastor Solomon heading the EA team able to negotiate with the government for the release of the group into the care of IGF Kitgum Children Home
for better care.
4. There are still those left behind in South Sudan, please pray for these Christians who have to deal with sickness, starvation and famine caused by the
By Action :
1. We need to raise US$12,000 to buy the immediate essentials for the 200 new arrivals to settle in the Camp. Funds will be used to buy tarps for temporary
shelter, mattresses and bedding, mosquito netting, cooking pots and pans, jerry cans for water, maize, beans and other foodstuffs to get them going.
2. It is our goal to supply 15 metric tons of maize, lentils, corn flour to new refugees that Feed the Hungry has been asked to help short term. The 15
metric tons of food will help approximately 6,500 refugees with their first month of food to survive in starting a new life in the camp.
Despite South Sudan is so far away, seem no concern to us, we ask ourselves WWJD, When Jesus fed the thousands, he did not concern nor did he first check
to see who is who. He simply filled a need by filling empty stomachs. Feeding the poor does not define the Christian; it is part of being a Christian.
Christians are commanded to help those who are less fortunate than we are. Proverbs 21:13 is among the most powerful calls from God to help those who are
hungry because “If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.” First John 3:17 states that, “If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?” Job wrote, “I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist them” (Job 29:12).
I urge you to pray how you can help these children and staff who might have to leave their homeland for a long time, being strangers in a foreign land.
No body want to become displaced. Could we share love and care for them. ACT NOW.
Armanda da Roza
Director – FTHHK